Subject: Re: misinformed on micropolis
From: Ed Smith <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 1994 08:03:21 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 26 Oct 1994 [email-masked] wrote:

> Dan Santos writes:
> >
> >With lots of motion on screen I can record at up to 16-17 with a 2210A, but in
> 
> 	Motion is immaterial to the PAR--it does not use deltas
> 
> 

Does interfield motion have anything to do with it?  We have had some 
problems recording scenes with lots of motion at the same Q Factor as 
scenes with not so much motion.  And the complexity of each frame was 
pretty similar as far as the MJPEG sees it.

So if you have lots of motion that causes two quite dissimilar fields 
within the frame, how does this effect the MJPEG compression? Does it 
compress each field individually?  Hmmm...

Ed.